- Juror for Polygon Gallery’s 2023 Chester Fields teen photo contest alongside Karice Mitchell and Gonzalo Reyes Rodriguez.
- Contributing writer for Fashion Fictions exhibition catalogue, edited by Stephanie Rebick. Comes out July 2023. See Writing for details.
Vancouver Art Gallery
Curatorial Assistant (FT/Permanent) Oct 2022 – Present
- Researching and gathering information for upcoming exhibitions
- Writing extended label copy
- Writing for exhibition publications and catalogues
- Attending studio visits with artists
- Writing about artworks that are being considered for acquisition
- Working with databases including STAR, FileMaker Pro, and Raiser’s Edge
Burrard Arts Foundation (Vancouver, BC)
Associate Director (FT/Contract) Oct 2021 – Oct 2022
- Managing expenditures within the BAF budget including bookkeeping
- Development and grants
- Responsible for organizing committee meetings
- Overseeing the coordination and development of core programs
- Managing special projects
- The above tasks in addition to the Gallery Coordinator’s tasks
Gallery Coordinator (PT/Permanent) May 2021 – Oct 2021
- Managing the operational aspects of the gallery and residency spaces
- Maintaining inventory
- Coordinating service providers
- Prepping the gallery for exhibition
- Installing and deinstalling exhibitions
- Overseeing our internship program
- Organizing events and associated programming
Unit 17 (Vancouver, BC)
Gallery Assistant (PT) June 2018 – May 2021
- Writing didactic texts and press releases for the gallery
- Updating the website
- Prepping gallery for exhibitions
- Attending studio visits
- Writing fair applications
- Assisting at fairs including Frieze New York (2019) and Art Toronto (2018)
Art Gallery at Evergreen (Coquitlam, BC)
Gallery Assistant Nov 2017 – April 2018
- Organizing and executing Westminster Savings Family Days
- Supervising weekend volunteers
- Curatorial research
- Assisting in the installation of exhibitions
SFU Galleries – Audain Gallery (Vancouver, BC)
Gallery Intern Jan – April 2018
- Writing exhibition texts and blog posts
- Installing vinyl lettering
- Preparing walls and plinths for exhibitions
- Assisting with events such as openings and launches
McGill University – Master of Arts, Department of Art History and Communication Studies. Class of 2020. Thesis supervisor: Dr. Christine Ross.
Simon Fraser University – Bachelor of Arts with Distinction, School for the Contemporary Arts. Major: Art, Performance and Cinema Studies. Class of 2018.
UBC – MC655 Dismantling Barriers to Inclusion in the Workplace – completed June 2022
Emily Carr University of Art + Design – CECS 120 Adobe CC for Design + Production – completed Dec 2021
Around Us – Burrard Arts Foundation – June 20 – Aug 6, 2022
a distance, a heart felt – Duplex Artist Society – May 6 – May 25, 2022
Crudités – Marine Drive Station – April 1 – Aug 31, 2022
future relics of our time – Equinox Gallery – Feb 19 – March 19, 2022
UTOPOS – Deluge Contemporary Art – Sept 11 – Oct 10, 2020
UNIT/PITT (Vancouver, BC) – Board of Directors – 2021-2023
McGill Art History GSA – Co-President – 2019/20
Recent Grants & Awards:
Canada Council for the Arts:
2022 – Arts Abroad – Residencies (deferred)
2018 – Professional Development for Artists – Specialized Training
BC Arts Council:
2022 – Projects grant for Individual Artists (independent curator)
2019 – 2020 SSHRC Joseph Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarship
2018 – 2020 Graduate Excellence Fellowships
2019 – 2020 Zella Bronfman Butler Bursary
2019 – Media @ McGill Travel Grant
Simon Fraser University:
2022 – FCAT Excellence Awards – Emerging Alumni Award Recipient
2015 – 2018 Undergraduate Open Scholarships Based on CGPA
2017 – International Mobility Suite Scholar
Selected Talks and other Speaking Opportunities:
2023 – Presenter: Selected alumna to speak at Simon Fraser University’s Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology convocation ceremony.
2022 – Interviewer – Artist talk: Interviewed Sara Gulamali for her exhibition [green heart emoji] at Burrard Arts Foundation via Instagram Live for Capture Photography Festival.
2022 – Guest Lecturer: Simon Fraser University CA 118 – Intro to Contemporary Art – Lecture about my exhibition future relics of our time at Equinox Gallery.
2022 – Panelist: McGill University Women in Leadership conference.
2022 – Curator – Tour: Equinox Gallery curator tour of future relics of our time via Instagram Live.
2021 – Presenter: Interviewed by the Canadian Federation of Friends of Museums as a part of their Young Friend’s Council Fall Interview Series.
2020 – Presenter: “Margins of Error: Otherness and the Arts” – University of Toronto’s Graduate Union of Students of Art’s Wollesen Memorial Graduate Symposium. Paper: “The Heavens in Maya Blue: Indigenous Resilience at Colonial Tecamachalco.”
2019 – Presenter: “Potentials of Ecocriticism” – McGill University’s Department of Art History and Communications graduate student conference. Paper: “Artistic and Affective Strategies to Combat Solastalgia.”
2017 – Contemporary Arts Field School, Berlin, Germany: Organized by Simon Fraser University’s School for the Contemporary Arts and Professor Judy Radul; Writing essays and journals to reflect upon our experiences visiting dOCUMENTA 14 quintennial art exhibition (Kassel), artist studios, museums, galleries, performances, and lectures in and around Berlin.
CMC Tutoring (Vancouver, BC)
English and Writing Tutor Jan 2021 – June 2022
- Working with varying age groups from Grade 6 to University age on assignments, essays, in addition to planning general lessons in English and Language Arts following the British Columbia Curriculum.
Simon Fraser University (Vancouver, BC)
Teaching Assistant Spring, Fall 2021
CA 319 – Critical Writing in the Arts with Dr. Claudette Lauzon
CA 210 – Artworks, Theories, Contexts with Dr. Claudette Lauzon
McGill University (Montréal, QC)
Teaching Assistant Fall 2019
COMS 310 – Media and Feminist Studies with Dr. Carrie Rentschler
Dr. Ruth Beer – Emily Carr University of Art + Design (Vancouver, BC)
Research Assistant April – June 2021
- Writing articles/sections of books. Working with the themes of Arctic art in Canada and resource extraction.
Universities Art Association of Canada (UAAC/AAUC) Conference
Research Assistant Sept – Oct 2020
- Supporting conference hosts SFU and UBC (Claudette Lauzon and Erin Silver) on the 2020 UAAC conference which was held virtually.
McGill University – (Montréal, Quebec)
Research Assistant Feb – May 2019
- Department of Art History and Communication Studies with Dr. Carrie Rentschler. Looking to see whether the topic of “sexual consent” is taught within undergraduate programs located in North America, and editing the book chapter where these findings were presented.
MascallDance (Vancouver, BC)
Research Assistant/Writer (Oct 2020 – Aug 2021)
- THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS ALREADY HAPPENED is an international co-production about water. After attending rehearsals, I transcribe themes and quotes towards the production of newsletters and eventually the compilation of a performance catalogue of essays written by myself, in addition to various contributors.
Project Manager (Aug 2020 – Jan 2021)
- Recruiting choreographers to participate in MascallDance’s first-ever virtual rendition of BLOOM – a choreographic residency and performance series that combines dance, comedy, and taste (wine or tea curated by a sommelier); organizing and managing video shoots; liaising between parties; marketing the show; creating the post-mortem document.